This privacy notice applies to personal information collected on the Pillars Incorporated website: www.pillars.org.nz. It is hosted on behalf of Pillars by a professional server company whose privacy guidelines conform to those of Pillars Inc. Pillars respects your privacy and security and recognises the confidentiality of your personal information.
We want our users to always be aware of any information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
- We do not collect personal information on this site unless you volunteer it
- There are several places on the site where you may volunteer personal information to us: apply to become a mentor, requesting a newsletter or emailing us an enquiry or complaint. You can also print out a form for making a donation (but will need to post or fax it to us)
- We do not collect identifiable information about you if you only browse our website
Use and disclosure:
- We only use personal information that you provide to us through this site, (excluding unsolicited information) for the purposes you supplied it, for directly related purposes or for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
- Pillars only gathers such personal information as is necessary to process your donation and tax receipt, or any other enquiries you may have. Such information is held for the purposes of these transactions, and/or for further communication with Pillars if permitted by you.
- Your personal information is collected securely and is considered private and confidential. It is stored in a secure password-protected location until it is no longer lawfully necessary then it will be properly destroyed. Any personal information Pillars collects is accessible only by authorised Pillars staff who may require the information to process your donation or enquiry.
- We do not share personal information volunteered to us through this site with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided (e.g. to seek an answer to a complaint from a person complained about) or as may be required by law. Where appropriate, we will make efforts to let you know as owner of the personal information about such disclosure and to obtain your consent only if necessary.
- Pillars does not sell, rent or lend any personally identifiable information to third parties or outside agencies.
- We may make information about submissions made to us in public consultation processes available publicly either by publishing the submissions or in response to requests under the Official Information Act 1982. The latter involves a careful balancing of the privacy interests of an individual and the public interest.
- We may analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services.
- If you choose to use the forums, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums and would be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- We use a third-party online payment facility - Givealittle (hosted by Givealittle Ltd), to enable us to accept credit card donations. If you agree to use this form of payment, as well as to provide your contact details you willl also need to consent to provide Givealittle with your credit card number and expiry date. We do not have access to this information or your personal details from Givealittle. All donations are anonymous. Please refer to www.givealittle.co.nz for details of their own practice.
Your Rights and Choices:
- You may seek access to personal information held about you by Pillars Incorporated in accordance with your rights under the Privacy Act.
- You have the right to ask to have information corrected or deleted. To protect your privacy, and that of others, we may ask you to verify your identity as part of actioning an access or correction request.
- Pillars will not assign you a unique identifier unless it is necessary to do so under the Privacy Act.
- Our database lists are not bought, sold or lent. You can ask to be removed from the donor database or other mailing list at any time.
- Pillars will not send you any unsolicited communications as a result of making a donation or enquiry. We will give you the option of receiving further electronic or postal correspondence, which you are able to accept, decline or alter at any time.
- Information provided will be held by Pillars Inc; and properly destroyed when no longer required.
- If you are receiving un-solicited corresopndence from Pillars Incorporated, please contact us so we can remove you from our mailing lists.
If you have any questions about the information Pillars maintains about individual personal details, please contact or; phone (03) 377 3990, or write to The Privacy Officer, Pillars Inc., P O Box 21209, Christchurch 8143, New Zealand.
Notice updated: July 2012
Notice updated: July 2012